Re: Trying to get sound working ...

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:
> I'm running Debian Woody on an IBM Thinkpad A31p. Everything is
> working fine, except sound.

I have exactly this same hardware.

> I *think* the problem is incorrect parameters to the relevant kernel
> modules

Nope. With either 2.4.recent OSS or 2.5.* ALSA I had the sound card work
correctly with no additional work. I compiled in the drivers, rebooted
and there it was...

[...]

> Installing Debian, I made sure the following sound driver modules were
> checked:
>
> ac97_codec
> i810_audio
> mpu401

I don't have MPU401 support, but that /shouldn't/ do anything bad.

  Daniel

--
It's a kind of war
Where I plant bombs inside