Re: Temperatur weirdnes

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 12:54:48AM +0000, Calum Mackay wrote:
> Just out of interest, I have the following noted:
>
>         fn+z    cause bios to reread thermal sensors
>         fn+d    blank screen
>         fn+h    put hard disk to sleep
>         fn+a    suspend to disk
>
> am I missing any?

On I4000 (bios A16):
         fn+#        Toggle CPU speed

It seems to switch the CPU speed: Switching to "high" is accompanied by
a high-pitched beep, to "low" speed is accompanied by a low-pitched beep
(should that be written as buuurp?).  I don't know whether this is
speed-step or the good old' "turbo" button re-invented (and
inverted...).

When in low speed, battery time is improved quite a bit (I get about 90
minutes more out of my 2 old batteries), and bogomips (according to the
command, not the kernel at boot) goes from ~ 1000 to ~ 230

Since keymaps around the world differ: I have a UK keyboard, with the #
key on the same row as ASDFGHJK: immediately to the left of [Enter]

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com        http://karl.jorgensen.com