Re: Temperatur weirdnes

also sprach Richard Hector <rhector@actrix.gen.nz> [2002.11.27.0515 +0100]:
> > i8kutils package reports a temperature of 85 degrees Celsius,
> > which just can't be.
>
> Are you sure? The Register had an article the other day about a guy
> who burnt his penis using his laptop on his lap - they deduced it
> was a Dell Latitude.

<grin>
He should sue Dell!

Yes, I am sure, because the 85C are reported e.g. 5 seconds after
turning the laptop on after it being off for two days, and while it
would be hard to imagine, it also surely doesn't feel anywhere close
to 50C at that moment.

It always happens when I suspend to RAM and close the lid. Well, not
always. As soon as this was posted yesterday, I went to sleep,
purposely closing the lid on my laptop while suspending. I actually
wasn't surprised to find it *not* going to 85C this morning. Deal with
computers and companies like Dell, and there's little that can
surprise you!

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc