Temperatur weirdnes

Every now and then, my Dell Latitude C610 will decide to run its fans
at full speed, eating my battery and being loud, and all that for no
apparent reason.

Just like right now, I got home, turned it on (it was
suspended-to-RAM), and both fans immediately started. i8kctl from the
i8kutils package reports a temperature of 85 degrees Celsius, which
just can't be. Whenever this phenomenon happens, it's at 85C though,
so I am wondering what's broke.

If I restart the computer (soft-reboot), then the temperature will be
reported normally again and the fans won't run for a long time. Until
I suspend the next time, then the temperature will rocket to 85C.

Dell already swapped the motherboard (within 96 hours, which is, as we
all know, fully within the terms of my 24 hours service agreement,
but I am just a user and the five Dell laptops I bought don't
generate enough revenue...), but the problem remained. Now I am
getting closer and closer to believing that it's a software thing.
I'll disable APM in the kernel on the next boot to see what that does.
What else can I try?

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc