Re: Temperatur weirdnes

Hello,

martin f krafft wrote (Tue 2002-Nov-26 23:17:09 +0100):

> ... i8kctl from the
> i8kutils package reports a temperature of 85 degrees Celsius, which
> just can't be. Whenever this phenomenon happens, it's at 85C though,
> so I am wondering what's broke.

Same thing with my Dell Latitude C400. I've heard of other
people having the same problem, too.

Personally, I don't mind the fan that much as I can simply turn
it off using i8kctl or i8kfan (while true ; do i8kfan 0 0 ;
sleep 0.3 ; done). However, the CPU itself either believes or is
told that it is running at a temperature of 85°C so performance
is down to something like 25%.

For me, it only happens after a resume from suspend-to-RAM, but
I have not been able to find any way to reproduce the behaviour.
It seems to happen less often it A/C is plugged in after suspend
and plugged out before resume. And it happens more often if the
machine is suspended for a longer time.

Cheers, Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~gottwald/