Re: poweroff and reboot

Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:
On  4-11-2002, at 20h 51'37", iain d broadfoot wrote to debian-laptop about "Re: poweroff and reboot"

Dominik Juszczyk wrote:

Hi

Firstly about hardware: Sony Vaio PCG-FX215 with Debian Woody installed

I have problem with reboot. When I want to reboot my laptop, it is
rebooting, but after that it shows only Sony welcome message, and than
stops. To make it work I have to press power button for few seconds, and
turn it on again.
When I want to turn it off, it shows me power down, and than I have to
turn it of with power buton.

I have compiled in APM support for BIOS, and Power Managment (kernel
2.4.18), I'm using lilo, but in lilo.conf I have no entries about power.

Does anyone know what to do with that??

either type linux noapic at the prompt, or put the line

append="noapic"

in yer lilo.conf

Recompile the kernel with the acpi patch. That solves most of the
problems of vaio's laptops.

Mugurel

the freeze at boot problem is an apic bug (at least on fx405s)

but yes, acpi is nice too, just remember to install the acpi packages.

iain