Re: poweroff and reboot

A thought - do you have any (or many) USB devices connected?  Your problem
is likely the problem others have mentioned thus far, but if your laptop
supports booting from usb devices (mainly floppy) I've found that it can
take inordinate amounts of time getting past 'that step' while it probes
all the usb devices and waits for replies.  I have a small unpowered 4port
USB hub and a USB KVM cable connected to it, and I have to unplug it
before it will actually boot (at least, I've never waited around to see it
boot, only waited at most 30 seconds).

Of course, my laptop is rather old (PCG-C1X) so hopefully they fixed this
problem and my point is moot.

-cyn

-----
This email has been sent as a single line of query, and in no way
indicates the senders interest in or acceptance of any promotions or
"opt-in"'s unless otherwise EXPRESSLY noted.