Re: ACPI suspend/resume

> And the ACPI4Linux pages have moved and links to them have been broken
> since I got the laptop a couple of weeks ago.

They moved to sourceforge long time ago... acpi.sf.net..
documentation there is sparse, though. mailinglist archives are the best
source for docs.
There is a FAQ though, which cntains lot of usefuls hints.

> echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
>
> puts the machine to sleep, but nothing I do seems to wake it up again?
>
> cat /proc/acpi/sleep gives:
> S0 S3 S4 S5

Well, S1 is sleep mode, so your BIOS claims to not support sleep mode!
Try getting a bios update, that might help.
S5 is poweroff... S3 or S4 are suspend levels i think... one might be
power-off, maybe that was S3...

Maybe S1 was automatically disabled due to some part of your hardware
not supporting sleep; or your bios didn't include it in the table.

Greetings,
Erich