Re: ACPI suspend/resume

>> Does anyone know how to make acpi suspend and resume my laptop?
Erich> Did you read any ACPI docs?

What ACPI docs?  There's nothing in the kernel Documentation directory.
linux/Documentation/pm.txt doesn't talk about it at all; the acpid man
page doesn't mention it, nor does /usr/share/doc/acpid, nor does
http://acpid.sf.net/

And the ACPI4Linux pages have moved and links to them have been broken
since I got the laptop a couple of weeks ago.

Erich> echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep should
Erich> do the trick.  But this will *sleep* only.  ACPI does NOT
Erich> support suspend-to-disk, only suspend-to-ram (still needing
Erich> power!!)

echo 1 > /proc/acpi/sleep

appears to do nothing.

echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep

puts the machine to sleep, but nothing I do seems to wake it up again?

cat /proc/acpi/sleep gives:
S0 S3 S4 S5

Looking at drivers/acpi/ospm/system/sm_osl.c it doesn't look like the
code to handle states 3 or 4  exist yet... it's all #if 0 in the
source.

Peter C