Re: Working and economic wireless solution

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 12:32:17PM +0200, Jord Swart wrote:
[...]
> to the system. You never need an access point (unless you want that one
> to handle your connection) if you don't have too many cards. The cards
> can be set up to connect in ad hoc mode: they create their own network
> based on who is online.

It should  be pointed out that an access point can be easily moved
around to improve coverage. Depending upon your desktop system's
layout it may be worth a few extra bucks for the WAP.

dt

--
Dave Thayer           | If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about
Denver, Colorado USA  | cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all