Re: IRDA on Dell Inspiron 8000 Woody 2.4.18

> In /etc/irda.conf I've tried /dev/ircomm0, /dev/ircomm1, /dev/ttyS0-4, and irda0 as the IR device.

Hi,

there are two different methods for IrDA support: SIR and FIR.

First you should try SIR: IrDA via serial port emulation.
Therefore an (additional) tty has to show up during startup.
Do a `dmesg | grep tty' and check whether there is a tty
additional to the serial port (if your notebook has one).
The BIOS should enable SIR or Standard IrDA therefore.

If this doesn't work, try FIR. Check the IrDA chip
used in your notebook with `findchip -v'.

Details you may find in the InfraRed-HOWTO
http://mobilix.org/howtos.html

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe(@)mobilix.org>       T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86