Programming Console-Draw-Programm

Hi!

It seems that Linux lacks a (simple) console-based
drawing-programm to draw objects (text, lines, rectangles
and circles) with cut/copy/paste functionallity.

So I decided to program such a software with C (gcc), like
I did some years before (with TurboPascal in DOS - approx.
1000 lines).

Therefore I need some C-specific programming advices
(example code would be great):

* function "keypressed" (waiting for a key pressed and
recognition of all keys like cursor- or function-keys)
* how to influence the colors of text and background
(at least to show inverted text)
* function "xytext" (write a text at cusorposition x,y)
* function "beep" and "click" (maybe a function "sound")
* function "cursorwait" (position the cursor at x,y)
* write to / read from a (text)file
* mathematic functions like sqrt or sin
*
* source for a simple introduction to C (available on the web)
* What headers do I have to include?
* Do I need libraries (like ncurses)? How to treat them?

Thanks for any help.
Dieter