Re: ACPI and suspend

On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Goran Ristic wrote:
>  > On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Derek Broughton wrote:

[...]

>  > I could need this for the i81k, too. ;) I'd like to know, what in
>  > causal EJT is? - I can identifier LID, PWR DCK and BAY.
>
> Thinking about this, it occurs that there is no reason for those names
> to be fixed - they're whatever _your_ BIOS/DSDT says they are. Mine is
> PWRF not PWR, and I don't have DCK, BAY or EJT. DCK & BAY seem
> obvious, but I can't guess at EJT either.

Eject, at a guess, the inverse of the D(o)CK operation. So that you know
to re-power the internal amplifier on the sound care, disable access to
the additional docking station hard disk and network card, etc.

        Daniel

--
Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of
a large research staff to study the problem.