Re: ACPI and suspend

Hi Derek!

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Derek Broughton wrote:

|> I don't think so.  He's got an 8000, not an 8100, and I believe it's
|> APM.  You definitely can't do half the ACPI stuff on a 2500 you can do
|> on an 8100, because our BIOS is buggy - but if I ever manage to get a
|> working ASL compile, then we can make a new DSDT and enable pretty much
|> everything on the 2500 (except perhaps fan controls).

I could need this for the i81k, too. ;)
I'd like to know, what in causal EJT is? - I can identifier LID, PWR DCK
and BAY.

|> re: the original question, what sort of suspend do you want to do - ACPI
|> supports S1 - S5 and they're all different.  The simple answer is you

I thought, they differ in powersaving? The higher the mode, the more it
saves battery power. Ain't it right?

|> install acpid, build the rules to look for the Sleep or Lid Button
|> (these keep changing because ACPI is very much still in development but
|> it currently appears to be SLPB and LID) and do "echo 1
|> >/proc/acpi/sleep" (or echo 3, etc).  The biggest problem with LID is

Ok. At least I know now the beginning.
Thanks for that.

|> that there isn't an open/closed setting, it's just a counter that
|> increments every time the lid is opened or closed, so you want it to
|> trigger only when the value is an odd number.

Sorry, but I can not find any other numbers than S0 to S5. Where should
the odd/even numbers be?
--
Regards, GR                      | GnuPG-key on keyservers available
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...          | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'