Followup: ACPI and suspend

Unfortunately i'm still not yet subscribed to the list... i hope the
subscription will be repaired soon... Please CC: me on replies.

For ACPI: i recommend running current ACPI patches, not the version in
the mainstream kernel. get them from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi/

These newer versions work definitely better for me.
For example my acpid does recieve BAT events too, and AC events.
i don't have any problems with lid-open requests...

On the software suspend patch:
There is some different (newer that is) version available from
http://fchabaud.free.fr/English/default.php3?COUNT=3&FILE0=Tricks&FILE1=Laptop&FILE2=Swsusp

Which now is called "beta", no longer "alpha". Make sure you read the
NOTES and the FAQ though. I havn't tried it yet; a friend of mine has
and said that it worked except for the xserver, which restarted...
I'll try myself maybe soon...

Greetings,
Erich