dhclient

I'm running into a little problem.
or rather a couple of them.

I have two cards on my notebook -- really! One's a land-line eepro100 and the other is a wireless pcmcia card.
I want one of them to run with dhcp and the other static.

How/Where is dhclient called so that I can modify it to include a statement from: 'dhclient' to 'dhclient eth1'?

Also, on a slightly related problem. Has anyone ever seen an error associated with ipup where it calls an error about
ignoring interface eth0=eth0???
(admittedly, I need more investigation on this. But I don't know where to even start)