Re: dhclient

On Wed, Mar 06 2002, at 06:29:28 -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> How/Where is dhclient called so that I can modify it to include a
> statement from: 'dhclient' to 'dhclient eth1'?
>
> Also, on a slightly related problem.  Has anyone ever seen an error
> associated with ipup where it calls an error about
> ignoring interface eth0=eth0???
> (admittedly, I need more investigation on this.  But I don't know
> where to even start)

I suggest starting by looking at the debian specific:
	- ifup and ifdown commands
	- /etc/network/interfaces configuration file
These all have man pages. I believe the eth0=eth0 comes from the
underdocumented mapping feature of the above mentioned commands.
Take a lok at guessnet(1) for good use of the mapping feature.

HTH,
Anton

--
Anton Gyllenberg <anton@lifix.fi>                       +358 50 341 2792