Finally working (Re: Debian setup freezes when trying to remove pcmcia)

> The pcmcia-modules thing isn't a problem any more. I got the card
> working. And I got the connection working! After running
> /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart, I unplugged the connection cable from the
> card and then I plugged it back in and ran "dhcpcd eth0". That
> made the connection work. I was able to do an apt-get update
> and an apt-get dist-upgrade (a couple times since some packages
> were held back) for Debian unstable.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I finally have everything working
perfectly without needing to run anything manually. I boot into Debian
and now have a perfectly running connection. What finally fixed it was
upgrading pcmcia-modules... to pcmcia-modules-2.2.19-idepci and all
the related pcmcia and kernel packages. This all came from unstable.
Unstable my...   : )   Thanks again for all your help. I'll definitly try to
write an install guide for my entire Inspiron 8000 system, including this
Xircom CardBus Ethernet II 10/100 network card, when I get everything
else setup.

- Bart