Re: Debian setup freezes when trying to remove pcmcia

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:40:07PM -0400, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> > No inet address. Between this and your /etc/resolv.conf being empty
> > (so no DNS entries), I'd think that the problem lies with the DHCP
> > side. It doesn't look like eth0 is getting the right configuration
> > from the server. I'm snot too familiar with DHCP, though.
>
> Any idea what pcmcia-cs is using to handle DHCP?

Check /etc/pcmcia/network and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts. The logic seems
a bit involved. For example, pump can be started if $PUMP is true; or
$BOOTP is true, but there are no other bootp clients; or either $DHCP or
$DHCLIENT is true and there are no other dhcp clients.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com
Texas Instruments            bradshaw@ti.com