Re: Some progress (Re: Debian setup freezes when trying to remove pcmcia)

> I've run into a snag. Because of the dist-upgrade I did for the latest
> stable version, it got rid of pcmcia-modules... and it's no longer
> recognizing my network card.

The pcmcia-modules thing isn't a problem any more. I got the card
working. And I got the connection working! After running
/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart, I unplugged the connection cable from the
card and then I plugged it back in and ran "dhcpcd eth0". That
made the connection work. I was able to do an apt-get update
and an apt-get dist-upgrade (a couple times since some packages
were held back) for Debian unstable. Hopefully everything will be
working when I boot back. The next thing will probably be to try
to figure out the software equivalent of disconnecting that cable so
that I can have Debian do it automatically. Or perhaps the disconnecting
was only needed once.

- Bart