laptop wireless cards

Hello, All.  I recently puchased a used IBM 560X lapop and I successfully
installed potato.  I was wondering what kind of wireless card I could buy
for my laptop?  I had searched the net for some additional info on linux
compatable wireless products, but I did not find the info that I was
looking for.  So now I turn to you guys.  Is there any one out there who is
successfully running linux wireless cards on there systems?  I need a linux
compatable wireless network card, both pcmcia(for my laptop) and pci (for
my desktop).

Could any one give me sugestions, success stories, etc?.

                                            -- Mike Z.