Re: Thinkpads under linux

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Alexey Vyskubov wrote:

> T21 does not use hybernation partition; instead it uses hybernation file
> on FAT partition.
>
> Did anybody succeed in hybernating T21?

I don't have one, but if the hibernation details are similar to an A20p's,
then lphdisk won't do the right kind of black magic - you'll need a
hibernation file already set up, or you'll have to use the standalone boot
utility thingy (which you can download from ibm - it's just a boot image for
a floppy, but distributed as a dos/windows-only exe that won't run
under dosemu (d'oh)). Once the hibernation file is set up, it should all
just work (tm). [ Provided the file is big enough - you need mem + videomem
+ a bit, but you probably already knew that. ]

--
"Always try to do things in chronological order; it's less confusing
that way."