Re: ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP2X Hardware Acceleration

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:24:09 +0800
"Michael Robinson" <robinson@netrinsics.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 08:58:40PM +0200, Michael Thaler wrote:
> > I have a Sony Vaio with Ati Rage Mobility. I set up X and it works
> > just fine. But yesterday someone mentioned hardware acceleration for
> > the ati driver. How can I get dri working for the ati driver? I
> > installed tuxracer on my notebook and it was just horrible slow, I
> > guess one frame per second or something. Is there a HOWTO or
> something
> > to get dri working for the ATI Rage Mobility?
>
> I tried to do the same thing on my Dell i5000e by using the r128
> driver
> (which theoretically supports dri).  Problem was that the r128 driver
> would
> periodically crash and lock up the system.  I went back to the ati
> driver, and
> everything is fine, but no dri.
>
> Can't have everything (yet), I guess.
>
> 	-Michael Robinson

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I just installed these
on my laptop yesterday and XVideo works now. Other than that, I haven't
really had a chance to test much but that seems like a good sign so far.
http://dri.sourceforge.net/download.phtml