Re[2]: ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP2X take two

Tuesday, October 16, 2001, 5:22:35 PM, Alex wrote:

AdL> Use the ATI Mach64 driver. Now, your X is in ugly 320x200x8 (yuckie ;)
AdL> or something worse. Edit XF86Config-4 or run your favorite configurator
AdL> and use the "ati" driver. Make sure you select a few nice modes, but
AdL> first try to get X up and running under ati.
I am running the ATI Mach64 driver, but it still messes up my desktop.
Why do I still have the buttons/icons from my old (the one that came
with Potato, before I switched to Gnome), there are one in top left
corner and tree in top right corner. Those buttons are black and ugly
(pixel dots), and I still have the same problem with the right-click
popup menu.

It's like I'm running two desktop's at the same time!?

AdL> And 3Dhw support is on the way in DRI for the mach64, a pain to set up.
AdL> ohwell, lets not go too fast yet :)
Ok lets take that later :)

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,