Re: ATI Rage Mobility-P AGP2X Hardware Acceleration

The problem is that there are different "Mobility" chipsets. Some are
supported by the r128 dri driver, others only work with mach64. IMHO,
the rage mobility-P is only supported by the mach64 driver. Check your
documentation for the true name (with '-P', '-LM', whatever...)

How do you know if your card is supported by r128? Try it! If X doesn't
start, check the logs, and you will probably see some error about no
device or screen is accessable.

Note: some cards are called rage 128 mobility cards. other cards are
supported but don't have 128 written all over it. experiment!

greetings,
Alex

Ps. i envy you, want to trade cards? ;)