Re: X 4.0.1 problem with a Toshiba laptop

A little clarification is in order here, I think. Yes, I can log on
through the netword. And there no longer are X processess, I've checked
that the first time the crash happened, long before posting here. So X
completely crashes down, and
messes up the screen so can't get it sane again until I reboot.
Being the silly me I am, I haven't though of checking the log file, I'll
do that soon and report what I find.