Re: X 4.0.1 problem with a Toshiba laptop

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 07:56:27AM +0300, Teppo Hyt?nen wrote:
> I have a similar problem, though not on a laptop, but on my normal
> desktop PC. When I change to a vc and back, X goes black, and I have to
> reboot with ctrl-alt-del - I can't even kill X, or shut it down. This only
> happens with 4.1.0 - 4.0.x worked fine.
[...]

If you can still log in via the network, look at the last entries in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log for clues to your problem.  If you can't, start
X from the console as root using

	X >/var/tmp/x.log 2>&1

then switch until you get stuck, then examine /var/tmp/x.log after a
reboot.

Hope it helps

Rolf