Re: Pb. compiling tulip.c

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 11:19:22AM +0300, Olivier Crouzet wrote:
> Obviously, it is not there (I mean in the /usr/src tree). I tried to get
> the kernel headers from the Debian disks but only headers for
> 2.2.19pre17-idepci are available (I tried it but, though they contain
> modversions.h, the insmod complains that the module has not been compiled
> for my kernel)
>
> What did I do wrong?
> Thanks for your help.
> Olivier.
make sure you actually have the entire source for the kernel, im not
familiar if modversions.h comes in kernel-headers-xxxxx but i know its
in the source.

Finally, under /usr/src make sure that 'linux' is a directory that goes
to the linux source, OR that it is a symbolic link going to the source

ie /usr/src/linux -> /usr/src/linux-2.2.19

If i were you, i would just grab the latest kernel and compile it from
scratch with your own system parameters + the tulip driver built in.

--
Adam McDaniel
Infrastructure Technology Consultant