Pb. compiling tulip.c

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of tulip.c on Debian 2.2r3 (in
order to get my linksys cardbus 10/100 to work on my laptop).

My kernel is the 2.2.19pre17 (as installed in potato). I installed the
kernel sources (2.2.19pre17) and the pcmcia-cs sources on my computer.

When I try to compile the tulip.c with the cardbus-compile-command written
at the bottom of tulip.c, gcc tells me that it can not find modversions.h

Obviously, it is not there (I mean in the /usr/src tree). I tried to get
the kernel headers from the Debian disks but only headers for
2.2.19pre17-idepci are available (I tried it but, though they contain
modversions.h, the insmod complains that the module has not been compiled
for my kernel)

What did I do wrong?
Thanks for your help.
Olivier.

  Olivier Crouzet
  Human and Machine Perception Research Centre
  MacKay Institute of Communication and Neuroscience
  Department of Life Sciences
  Keele University
  Keele
  ST5 5BG