Re: Thinkpad A21m SoundFusion

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 19:06, Nicolas SABOURET wrote:
> Andrew McMillan wrote:
> >
> > I wrote : [...]
> >
> > > get help on having my Crystal SoundFusion card to work on the my
> > > ThinkPad A21m.
> > >
> > > I switched to kernel 2.4.7 but it doesn't work either : when I cat
> > > foo.wav > /dev/dsp, I got very weird noises (like a modem bipbip).
> > >

> Just to make thinkgs clear : I do have /dev/dsp and I did add my user to
> the audio group. The card is beeing detected and "seems to work", except
> that I don't get the right "noise".
>

> > The first time I reboot after running Win2k I find I need to load up the
> > Alsa drivers and then it works for me with the kernel drivers, otherwise
> > it doesn't.
>
> It doesn't work even it I start the computer without going into w2k :
> always the weird noises.

Wierd noises?  Go into GMix and turn off the microphone?  That's the
only time I have had wierd noises come out - audio feedback between
speaker and microphone...

The 'after w2k' problem I was having didn't matter whether I had powered
the machine off - after running w2k I need to use the alsa modules for
the sound to work again.  I can power off any number of times, but until
I use the alsa modules, sound won't work for me.

Cheers,
					Andrew.
        Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew @ catalyst . net . nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64(21)635-694,  Fax:+64(4)499-5596, Office: +64(4)499-2267xtn709