Re: Thinkpad A21m SoundFusion

Andrew McMillan wrote:

> I wrote : [...]
>
> > get help on having my Crystal SoundFusion card to work on the my
> > ThinkPad A21m.
> >
> > I switched to kernel 2.4.7 but it doesn't work either : when I cat
> > foo.wav > /dev/dsp, I got very weird noises (like a modem bipbip).

Just to make thinkgs clear : I do have /dev/dsp and I did add my user to
the audio group. The card is beeing detected and "seems to work", except
that I don't get the right "noise".

> The first time I reboot after running Win2k I find I need to load up the
> Alsa drivers and then it works for me with the kernel drivers, otherwise
> it doesn't.

It doesn't work even it I start the computer without going into w2k :
always the weird noises.

--
Nicolas SABOURET
LIMSI-CNRS, BP133, 91403 Orsay, France