dell i8k acpi / special keys

Hi!

I've switched from apm to acpi on my dell i8k / debian sid / kernel 2.4.9.
And now console blanking doesn't work anymore. the lcd goes black but
doesn't turn off.
How could this be done?
(I'm really no kernel hacker, so is there perhaps already a patch existing?)

I looked at the acpid sources and now I am able to use the acpi events/keys
(poweroff, lid close, fn+esc=suspend)
The four quickstart special keys on my inspiron have proper
scancodes (e0 01 ... e0 04), but the two sound volume keys
(the only ones I actually would use) produce no events.
Does anybody with a dell know how to access these two keys? Thank you!

grusz
pHilipp