Re: FTP/HTTP install using tulip_cb

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 06:38:26PM -0700, Jeremy Avnet wrote:
> > My laptop is using a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Integrated CardBus PC Card,
> > which is supported by module tulip_cb.  The trouble is, the installer
>
> A bit of warning: I have had nothing but trouble with those cards. I
> have tried two and both have given me troubles. Lots of errors and
> timeouts and the like. One eventually became completely useless, and I
> may just chalk that one up as a defective item. But the second one
> (actually a D-Link DFE-680TXD, but it has the same chipset) is also
> giving me problems. Good luck.

I have the opposite experience. I've been using the Linksys CardBus card
since February and it has worked flawlessly, including suspend/resume
etc. I had to go grab the latest tulip driver from Daniel Becker's page
http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html, since the new CardBus v.2 was
not supported by pcmcia-cs back then. Otherwise, I am running potato with
the latest updates on Toshiba Satellite 2545 XCDT.

Unfortunately, I have no experience with network installs via the card.

Best,
Petr