Re: Thinkpad 365X - can anyone recommend least memory hungry windows and browser

> Galeon and SkipStone are lightweight browsers, they both are mozilla
> based but they claim to be quick and light :)

They are debian packages, but their packages depend on the fatso, because
the mozilla maintainer hasn't yet split moz-embed (or whatever it would
be called) from the whole ball of wax.

The LNX-BBC project just went through this hell, and there is basically
nowhere on the net that documents what parts of mozilla are part of the
Necko/Gecko cores, and what parts can be tossed in favor of Light, Galeon,
etc.

> http://galeon.sourceforge.net
>
> I haven't tried either but that's what they claim..
>
> Love & Light!
> Yannick

We ended up using BrowseX, which isn't a debian package, but which was about
4.5 megs including a builtin instance of TCL/TK.  (browsex.org)  It'd be
*great* to see it as a debian package.  The source, well... the source is the
script, but they did this weird self extract trick, it's really a tarball
inside there...

Other lightweights which are .debs and we tried -

ViewML
	okay (no SSL tho)

Dillo
	solid enough but *very* limited features.  I'd recommend it or
	chimera for day to day if you don't want modern features.

Konqueror
	the main version was too big, but certainly functional enough,
	see someone else's comment about deleting all your other ftp clients
	My own experience so far has painting problems, but the machine in
	question has other painting problems in X so I'm not sure that's
	a K thing at all.

* Heather Stern * star@ many places...