Re: FTP/HTTP install using tulip_cb

Hi

I've used the 16 bit one that uses ne2000 driver better performance but still the same clunky connector I've gotten some as low as $25. (Dumb that a 16 bit io based card works better ;) ) The original Cardbus one is still on another computer after it came back from RMA.

Linksys is good about fixing the things do not hesitate to get an RMA to send back the dead one. Both sides know the thing is made in China so the tin gets warped or the SMT paste stops being connected.

What I want to know is why both my "supported" Xircom RBEM56G-100 halt my supported Armada 7800's when enabled. (not a hardware issue other than it being a cardbus card)

Cheers John

  BeAt 09:38 PM 9/5/2001, you wrote:
> My laptop is using a Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Integrated CardBus PC Card,
> which is supported by module tulip_cb.  The trouble is, the installer

A bit of warning: I have had nothing but trouble with those cards. I
have tried two and both have given me troubles. Lots of errors and
timeouts and the like. One eventually became completely useless, and I
may just chalk that one up as a defective item. But the second one
(actually a D-Link DFE-680TXD, but it has the same chipset) is also
giving me problems. Good luck.