Re: Hard disk spins down after resume

On Tuesday 04 September 2001 12:16, H.Heinold wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 10:19:16AM +0200, Frank Mehnert wrote:

> > after resuming from suspend to RAM, the hard disk of my Thinkpad T20
> > spins up, then spins down for a short time, and the spins up again.
> >
> > Does anyone note the same behaviour on other Notebooks?
> >
> > Linux 2.4.9, Debian Potato with 2.4 upgrade packages. Same was on Linux
> > 2.2.18/19.

> Is this only after an resume? Are you using apmd?
> Maybee you have enable the powersave function for the disk in the bios.

It's only after an resume. Yes, I'm using apmd.

But there is no bios setting for a powersave functions of the hard disk.
It does not make any difference if I disable or enable the disk's spindown
timeout with hdparm -S0.

Frank
--
Frank Mehnert
## Dept. of Computer Science, Dresden University of Technology, Germany ##