Re: Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!

> No, it did not! :-( I now tried to install debina-mbr on /dev/hda and lilo on
> /dev/hda2, nothing! The output of dd .... is added to this mail again.

Umm this is weird, and you forgot to attach the output of dd this time.

If you try with debian mbr again try pressing ctrl when you boot the machine
and see if you get the MBR: message, maybe the BIOS still tells you that the
HD is not bootable?

Ah, how I'd like to have this machine here to play with it untill I knew
what is going on with that BIOS.

> OK, good idead I will try to organize a dos bootable disk with fdisk and try
> it that way!

Ok, try it, maybe it only allows a DOS mbr, but that would be evil.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net