Re: Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!

> I expect that your MBR boots NT4 and as I believe that the problem is the
> laptop can not use a boot loader that works with NT4 I think it's likely that
> your code will not work with it.  However I don't know for sure as I can not
> spare the time required to read the code at the moment.

I don't know how can you know if a boot loader works for a laptop or not
mesuring if the boot loader can boot NT4.

> Another option that probably hasn't been considered.  Boot up dos and run
> "fdisk /mbr" to put the DOS MBR on it.  I'm certain that no-one has released
> a PC which is unable to boot DOS...  If LILO is then installed to /dev/hda2
> and /dev/hda2 is marked as active in the partition table then DOS should load
> up LILO and things should be fine.

I can asure you that if DOS mbr works Debian mbr works as well, otherwise we
have a big problem.

Regards...
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net