Re: Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!

On Wednesday 30 May 2001 14:03, Santiago Garcia Mantinan wrote:
> > I expect that your MBR boots NT4 and as I believe that the problem is the
> > laptop can not use a boot loader that works with NT4 I think it's likely
> > that your code will not work with it.  However I don't know for sure as I
> > can not spare the time required to read the code at the moment.
>
> I don't know how can you know if a boot loader works for a laptop or not
> mesuring if the boot loader can boot NT4.

That's what the LILO source comments implied.  I'd like to remove
boot-compat.b if possible, but it seems impossible at the moment.

Maybe the comment meant that NT wouldn't load it as the boot sector of a
partition unless it had that value...