Re: toshiba satellite 100cs & suspend to disk?

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:16:42AM +0100, f1k@gmx.de wrote:
> I have a Satellite 2595cdt and suspend to disk worked for me, and it should
> work for all Toshiba laptops with the debian package toshutils.
> Just install it, and then run modconf to make sure the module toshiba is
> loaded, then run wmtuxtime. It opens a small window (or maybe docks into the
> panel if you run Windowmaker). At the bottom of the window there are 4 buttons.
> The second from the left causes suspend to disk.

> The other buttons didn't do anything when I tried them. I also didnt find
> the dialog where you're supposed to be able to set the apm settings.

There was a problem with the directory settings when compiling toshutils in
potato which kept the buttons from working. This has been fixed in the
version in unstable (you can download the source and recompile if necessary.
It should work OK).

But you should be able to get straight to the config dialog box from the X
menu: Debian->Apps->System->Toshiba->TuxTime Config.

Also, I suspect you need apm compiled into the kernel and turned on for
suspend-to-disk to work.  When it's set up completely, you should be able to
just press the power button, and the computer will go into suspend (if
that's how you set up the BIOS settings)

Drew

--
PGP public key available at http://dparsons.webjump.com/drewskey.txt
Fingerprint: A110 EAE1 D7D2 8076 5FE0  EC0A B6CE 7041 6412 4E4A