Re: Xfree86 4.0.2 and external monitor

Hi,

I had some problems at the start with my HP Omnibook using the ATI Driver.

The keyboard of "Randy Tompot" <randyt@islinc.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 running Debian potato. I installed 4.0.2
> and have the LCD panel running X great, but I have an external
> monitor hooked up thru a docking station which doesn't work. I have
> plenty of video memory, but apparently the r128 driver I am using
> can't drive the external monitor.  Is there anyone else in my
> situation that has already resolved this, or anyone with advice?

Have you tried the

        Option ``crt_screen''

It's working with my card and an external screen.

Have a look at http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/ati.html

Cheers CC.

  _|_|  _|_|  The probability of someone watching you is proportional
 _|    _|                  to the stupidity of your action.
  _|_|  _|_| _| (Pèlerin et Voyageur)