Re: How do I finish an install of X?

I appreciate the updatedated KDE info. Thought right now I don't have a
network card for it.
What is the difference between dselect and apt-get?

On 03/05/2001, 5:34:23 PM, Rob Helmer <robert@namodn.com> wrote regarding
Re: How do I finish an install of X?:

> Try running this : apt-get install task-x-window-system

> That should install X and give you a chance to configure it.

> If you are on potato, you'll need to add an apt source to get
> KDE 2.1, put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list :
> deb ftp://ftp.linux.ee/pub/kde.tdyc.com/debian/ potato main

> Then apt-get update && apt-get install task-kde

> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 04:34:13PM -0500, development@combiz.net wrote:
> > I believe some of the Xpackages are installed. Tried to some of the
config programs listed in the /usr/share/*/ FAQS but no luck. Eventually I
want to run KDE.

listmaster@lists.debian.org