Re: How do I finish an install of X?

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 02:28:12PM +0000, Rod Young wrote:

> I appreciate the updatedated KDE info. Thought right now I don't have a
> network card for it.
> What is the difference between dselect and apt-get?

 They are two different front-ends for package management.  apt lets you do
stuff like apt-get update, and apt-get dist-upgrade, or apt-get install
mozilla.  dselect uses ncurses to give you a menu of packages to select from.
dselect is good if you want to poke around and see what there is.
(apt-cache search is good for this too.)  apt-get is faster for installing
something when you know what you want.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y