Re: How do I finish an install of X?

Try running this : apt-get install task-x-window-system

That should install X and give you a chance to configure it.

If you are on potato, you'll need to add an apt source to get
KDE 2.1, put this in your /etc/apt/sources.list :
deb ftp://ftp.linux.ee/pub/kde.tdyc.com/debian/ potato main

Then apt-get update && apt-get install task-kde