Re: Simple & Mouse with Debian on Vaio F340

Thanks to everyone who helped me with my mouse problem.
I had used the "simple" option during installation of
Debian 2.2.2r to select packages by "tasks", and I read only
recently that that does not select all the packages considered
standard to run Debian (this is considered a bug to be corrected in the
next release).  Once I added the missing standard packages
with "tasksel -s" and then removed gpm the mouse worked.
Before that it did not work either with or without gpm.

Steve