Re: Cyberblade 7i Chipset Video Artifacts w/ stable

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Peter Van Eynde wrote:

-=|I've had some problems when running with the "accel"-option activated.
-=|If you have it activated, try to turn it off.

Under this chipset I am not able to disable "accel" (the noaccel option
does not work), and I have not found a combination of any of the working
options that will fix this problem.  I'm pretty sure it's not an LCD
timing issue.  This chipset is probably fairly common in the lower-end
laptops (Compaq 1200XL's have them I do believe), so we need to get this
bug ironed out.  Does anyone have the Emails of the XFree86 developers
so I might email them to see how to fix this?

-R

--
Robert Gash - CS Major    \  gashalot@gashalot.com - gte393u@prism
Georgia Tech - Atlanta GA  \  www.gashalot.com - www.techwreck.net