Re: [ale] Re: running X in a telnet session

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 12:48:50AM -0500, Maxie Zeus wrote:
> issue #1
> Daniel is right dont use telnet.  use either ssh1 or 2.  if you are on a local
> network that is completly secure (ie not on a school campus or buisness), its
> ok to telnet.  However Id assume you are allowing internet connections to your
> desktop, in that case definetly switch to ssh.  If ssh is configured properly
> it will automatically export your display, making it easier on you

If you just use, ssh -X <hostname> to login, ssh will automagicly forward
all your X connection, to your client.. Works secure and easy, I can't live
without it ;0

	Gtnx sjoerd
--
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the
universe."