Re: pcmcia upgrade slink->potato; more info

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:56:23PM -0600, Lance Heller wrote:

> Then pinging a host on the net produces:
> ping: sendto: Operation not permitted
> ping: wrote [target addr] 64 chars, ret=-1

I had the same on slink, after I compiled a kernel with ip
masquerading. The command "ipmasq" sets some default rules.
Everything worked as before then.
This may of course defeat your purposeof increased

regards, chl
Dipl. Phys. Carsten Lechte
Institut fuer Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik der CAU Kiel, Germany
Neu und (ahem) lesenswert: http://www.toppoint.de/~chl/