Re: pcmcia upgrade slink->potato; more info

Hello

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:56:23PM -0600, Lance Heller wrote:

> Then pinging a host on the net produces:
>
> ping: sendto: Operation not permitted
> ping: wrote [target addr] 64 chars, ret=-1

I had the same on slink, after I compiled a kernel with ip
masquerading. The command "ipmasq" sets some default rules.
Everything worked as before then.
This may of course defeat your purposeof increased
security;-)

regards, chl
--
Dipl. Phys. Carsten Lechte
Institut fuer Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik der CAU Kiel, Germany