pcmcia? duh!

Hello all:
Please forgive the fact this question has probably been asked here about 100
times:
My tecra laptop is currently running 2.0.x and i'm upgrading to 2.2.x  I
finally managed to build a kernel that'll boot (why is it so hard with
debian?  i can build bzImages for my tecra with SuSE all day!) ...

Where do I have to option to compile in pcmcia?
I tried to just copy /lib/modules/2.0/pcmcia to /lib/modules/2.2, but the
bootup process didn't think that that was very funny.

Thanks, Jeff