Re: Debian Slink on Toshiba 2100CDS X-Screen update

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 05:24:50PM -0800, Drew Parsons wrote:
> > I don't know if this is a problem with the video chipset (S3 Virge MX)
> > because IIRC one laptop had another one; anyway, I only see reports on
> > laptops with STN displays, not for TFT.
>
> I have a Toshiba 490CDT with the same chipset (S3 ViRGE MX).  I don't get
> that problem moving windows around.  I'm using Enlightenment.

I've tried a few window managers (fvwm, blackbox, windowmaker), but I
didn't see any difference. It seems the STN versus TFT make the
difference, but I don't know why.

> I do find the whole display goes crazy if the video mode is changed using
> the function keys (I'm not sure exactly which ones), or when I resume a
> session after suspending it.  In this case I've had to execute xvidtune to
> restore the display (and I wish I knew how to to this automatically when
> resuming).

This is documented in the SVGA docs (see my last message), and it happen
when you change the video output with Fn+F5, o when resuming after
suspending.

> Does xvidtune help with your problem?

Only in part because I need to cycle the video output, and xvidtune
don't know how to do it. I wish to run "xvidtune -next" when I resume,
but I don't know how (see another messages in this thread).

Cheers.
--
David